The Queen has conducted her first in-person royal engagement after a health scare that saw her hospitalised last month.
The 95-year-old spoke to outgoing British armed forces chief Sir Nick Carter, who is stepping down from his role, at Windsor Castle.
A photograph posted by the Palace on Thursday shows the monarch standing and smiling while speaking with the UK’s most senior uniformed military adviser.
It is the first time in nearly a month that Her Majesty has carried out an audience since she hosted a reception for the global investment summit on October 19.
The meeting comes after the monarch was “disappointed” to miss the Remembrance Sunday service at London’s Cenotaph due to a sprained back.
The solemn service was supposed to mark her return to royal duties after she had been advised by doctors to rest for two weeks following a hospital stay last month.
Prince Charles said his mother was “alright” and cracked a joke when asked about the Queen’s health during a royal trip to Jordan.
“She’s alright thank you very much,” the next in line to the throne told reporters.
“Once you get to 95, you know, it’s not quite as easy as it used to be.”
“It’s bad enough at 73.”